Monday, April 13, 2009

It continues.....

Summer is back with its scorching heat,
I pen today, though my words may not be neat.
Phrases are unordered, before or after
Here I go with my next chapter.

My thoughts rewind, I walk the memory lane,
Some are sweet, but most bear pain.
I decide to continue the previous trend,
Yes, the theme is love, but I talk of friends.

Love is simple, plain and sweet,
But often this path is one of retreat.
Friends are complex, hard to read
Though always present, in your time of need.

Love may stray, even betray at times
Still it features in numerous rhymes.
Something is magical about its feel
They say, its strength is mightier than a steel.

Love is plenty, still hard to find,
May be because, in it heart rules mind.
I'm always amazed by its massive reach,
Perhaps one day she can teach(me).

Friends are like the westerly winds
Even welcomed by the mightiest kings.
Their presence Is sought, even in weirdest hours,
Unconditional trust only maximizes the power.

There are many who enter this test
Only few pass , leave the rest.
Hold them close, very very near,
Nothing is more precious, I can swear.

Life is a gift, a gem of God,
I view the same, with different thoughts.
Love is life, so are friends,
Lucky are those who have a perfect blend

2 comments:

Shounak said...

BJ da Dhaba on a role!!! Kya baat hai!!

Siddhartha said...

yaar chhu gaya ;-)